- Partnered with Sundance board chair and TEDWomen host Pat Mitchell to grow her online presence. Her mission: Connecting women worldwide to create change. Wrote website copy. Edited her blog and newsletter and wrote social media messages.
Helped TED Weekends spread inspiring ideas from the TED stage to new audiences via this partnership between TED and The Huffington Post. Collaborated with staff to plan weekly themes. Wrote copy. Commissioned and edited blog posts responding to TED Talks.
- After leaving my post as editorial director of PBS.org, continued to work with PBS as a freelancer to grow audiences for its web and TV programming. Managed the homepage editorial calendar. Wrote promotional copy for everything from documentaries to kids' games.
- Collaborated with the George Lucas Educational Foundation to tell the story of its impact in more powerful ways. Reimagined and rewrote the About section of the organization's website. Wrote profiles of educators who use the foundation's resources to transform children's lives.
- Worked closely with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to showcase and inspire bold thinking about building a culture of health in America. Wrote podcast episodes, blog posts, website copy and social media messages. Created personalized networking strategies for program officers to help spread the stories we were creating to the right people in impactful ways.
- Wrote and edited blog posts, website copy and newsletters about how to live your best life for Unstuck, a product of SYPartners. Managed the editorial calendar and recruited and managed freelance writers.
- Led a series of editorial collaborations for NPR, designed to explore how partnerships between news organizations could drive innovation and result in stronger journalism. Connected the dots between partners' projects and spotted day-to-day opportunities to collaborate. Facilitated conversations between staff at partner organizations from executives to producers and developers. Wrote grant reports for the funder, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
Let's talk about how we can work together to grow the good in this world.